The Payment button found at the top of patient and payer files will take you to the Bulk Payments page, allowing you to pay off one or more invoices.
Along with the Patient Details tab, this button is also found on the Accounts and Invoices tabs of the patient file. The same functionality is available when paying from a third-party payer.
1. Click Payment.
By default, all outstanding invoices for the default account will be displayed.
2. Select the Account you wish to make a payment against.
3. Use the available filters to limit which items are being paid.
4. Enter the amount being paid into one or more of the payment methods available.
5. Click Add Payment.
As payments are added they will be automatically applied to the items above.
The Summary will also update to reflect the new payments and current balance.
6. If you are satisfied with the automatic allocation of payments, click Save to commit these payments to the invoices and items.
Allocating Payments to Specific Invoice Items
1. To allocate payments manually, click the Edit icon in the Allocation column of the payment.
This will display the Manual Allocation window and allow you to specify the allocation of that payment. In this case we are allocating all payments to the second item.
Click Apply to Items to confirm the manual allocation.
2. Repeat Step 1 as needed to manually allocate any remaining payments.
Payments allocated this way will show as Manual in the Allocation column, which can be changed at any time.
Use the drop-down menu to change the allocation method at any time.
Please note any Unallocated payments or Overpayments (payments which exceed the amount owed) will become a Credit upon saving.